- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255. Crisis intervention and free emotional support are available…this is confidential
- Mental Health America: Text MHA to 741741. Mental Health America is a nationwide organization that provides assistance through this text line. You will be linked to someone who can guide you through a crisis or just provide information.
- Crisis Text Line: Text CONNECT to 741741. Specialized crisis counselors are just a text message away on this free, confidential 24-hour support line. To further protect your privacy, these messages do not appear on a phone bill. The text line also provides services and support if you are upset, scared, hurt, frustrated, or distressed.
- Veterans Crisis Line; Text a message to 838255. Operated by the Department of Veterans Affairs, these services aid veterans and their families who may be in crisis by connecting them with VA responders.
- Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN): 1-800-656-4673 or 24-hour chat online
- National Domestic Abuse Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 for 24-hour chat online
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 24 Hotline is 610-882-0588, every call is answered by a recovering alcoholic from the Lehigh Valley
Mental Health and COVID-19
- COVID-19 Anxiety Workbook: (https://thewellnesssociety.org/free-coronavirus-anxiety-workbook/): free downloadable workbook to help manage stress and anxiety specifically related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Psych Hub: https://psychhub.com/covid-19/
- Care for Your Coronavirus Anxiety: (https://www.virusanxiety.com/)
- CDC Guide To Manage Stress & Anxiety during COVID-19 Outbreak: (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/managing-stress-anxiety.html)
- Flexibility in the Midst of Crisis: article (https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-inner-life-students/202003/flexibility-in-the-midst-crisis)
- Science Based Strategies to Cope with Coronavirus Anxiety:(https://theconversation.com/7-science-based-strategies-to-cope-with-coronavirus-anxiety-133207)
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty: (https://afsp.org/story/taking-care-of-your-mental-health-in-the-face-of-uncertainty)
- Athlete and Mental Health: (https://appliedsportpsych.org/blog/2020/03/the-covid-19-pandemic-tips-for-athletes-coaches-parents-and-the-sport-community)
- Psych Central: (https://psychcentral.com): Offers online mental health resources, quizzes, news, an “Ask the Therapist” function, and online support communities.
- Online Grief Support: (http://www.mygriefangels.org/)
- Building Your Resilience: (https://www.apa.org/topics/resilience)
- S.A.F.E. Alternatives (Self-Abuse Finally Ends): (https://selfinjury.com/) The website includes information about self-injury and about starting treatment. S.A.F.E information line: 1-800-DONT CUT (366-8288)
Other Support Groups:
- Narcotics Anonymous: https://www.na.org/)
- Alcoholics Anonymous: (https://www.aa.org/)
- Al-Anon: (https://al-anon.org/): Are you worried about someone with a drinking problem?
- Support Group Central: (https://www.supportgroupscentral.com/) Offers virtual support groups on numerous mental health conditions - free or low-cost. Website also offered in Spanish.
- Grief Share: (https://www.griefshare.org/findagroup) hosts free grief recovery support groups across the country.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance: (https://www.dbsalliance.org/) Use the “ Find a Support Group Near You” tool on the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance website to find out if a support group is meeting in your area. These are peer-led support groups.
- Eating Disorders Anonymous: ( http://eatingdisordersanonymous.org/) Following the 12-step approach used by Alcoholics Anonymous, Eating Disorders Anonymous can help people struggling with eating disorders. The website lists meetings nationwide.
- Overeaters Anonymous: (https://oa.org/) Following the 12-step approach used by Alcoholics Anonymous, Overeaters Anonymous can help people struggling with compulsive eating and binge eating. The website lists Overeaters Anonymous meetings nationwide.
- Woebot: Meet Woebot! Your friendly self-care expert. Woebot can help you:
- Think through situations with step-by-step guidance from Woebot using tools from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Learn about yourself with intelligent mood tracking
- Master skills to reduce stress and live happier through over 100+ evidence-based stories from our clinical team
- Get App Here
- Smiling Mind: Smiling Mind is a FREE mindfulness meditation app developed by psychologists and educators to help bring balance to your life. Just as we eat well and stay fit to keep our body healthy, mindfulness meditation is about mental health and looking after the mind. Programs are designed to assist people in dealing with the pressure, stress, and challenges of daily life. Get App Here
- Fear Tools: FearTools is an evidence-based app designed to help you combat anxiety, aiding you on your road to recovery. This application is especially useful for those suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder.
- Mood Tools: If you are feeling sad, anxious, or depressed, lift your mood with MoodTools! MoodTools is designed to help you combat depression and alleviate your negative moods, aiding you on your road to recovery. Get App Here (Apple) Get App Here (Google Play)
- PTSD Coach: (https://www.mobile.va.gov/app/ptsd-coach)
- United Way 211: (http://www.211.org/) 211 or local phone number listed on the 211.org website. Information and referrals for needs-based resources; housing, food, rent & utilities assistance, health care, childcare, and more.
- Talking with Children about Covid-19: (ttps://www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources-and-podcasts/school-climate-safety-and-crisis/health-crisis-resources/helping-children-cope-with-changes-resulting-from-covid-19)
- Sesame Street Caring for one another: (https://www.sesamestreet.org/caring) Your friends on Sesame Street are here to support you during the COVID-19 health crisis, as families everywhere are creating a "for now normal."
- Locating a Therapist in your Area: (https://www.psychologytoday.com/us)
- Center for Disease Control Covid-19 Information:
- Houseparty: https://houseparty.com/
- Mario Kart Tour, Uno online, Scattergories: Play online with friends. Download the app for free from the App Store or Google Play.
- Online Communal Jigsaw Puzzles: (https://jigsawpuzzles.io/) Select a puzzle, and invite other friends to join your game to complete it together, or choose to compete against each other to see who can finish a puzzle faster.
- Codenames Online: (https://www.horsepaste.com/) Enter a game identifier to create a new game and copy and paste the link to share the virtual board with friends. Divide your group of friends into two teams and designate one person on each team as the Spymaster. The spymaster’s job is to communicate clues that help guide their team members toward picking their team’s cards on the board.