Volunteering Policy and Protocol
The United States Conference of Bishops' Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People mandates that every diocese implement Safe Environment programs for all children, parents, and adults. The principal purpose of this Charter is to ensure a safe environment for the children of each diocese. Here in the Diocese of Allentown, a number of steps have been taken in order implement these guidelines pertaining to reconciliation, healing, accountability, and prevention of future acts of abuse. To learn more about the Diocese’s Youth Protection programs, go onto the Diocese of Allentown website,
Requirements for adult volunteers
STEP ONE: In order to receive a payment code for fingerprints - print out and submit this Background Check & Fingerprint Authorization Form in envelope marked "CLEARANCES" to Earlene Neidert/Notre Dame School. Once we process this authorization, the payment code will be sent to you - then register HERE
STEP TWO: Diocesan Requirements
- Read the Code of Conduct policy, then print out and sign THE TWO acknowledgement forms
- Read the Policy Regarding the Sexual Abuse of Minors, then print out and sign the acknowledgement form
- Read the Social Media and Electronic Communications Policies, then print out and sign THE THREE acknowledgement forms
- Protecting God’s Children workshop is now an online class. Sign up for Virtus Online Training (Directions to sign-up for Virtus Online) to take Protecting God's Children ONLINE. Please read the directions as you will need to send an email to the Diocese of Allentown so that you can get a link to the training you need to take.
- If you have already completed Protecting God's Children and don't have your certificate, contact Pamela Russo, MSW,MS at 610/871-5200, X2204 with the approximate date and location of the class and she will help to retrieve the certificate.
STEP THREE: State Required Clearances – these clearances will expire after 5 years
- Submit a PA State Police Criminal Record Check
- Submit a Department of Welfare’s Child Abuse Clearance (PA Child Abuse History Certificate)
- Submit a Mandated Reporter certificate of completion. This can be done at EITHER of the following: University of Pitt Mandated Training or PA Family Support Alliance Mandated Training This is a three (3) hour online course and you will be able to print the certificate out at completion. Then print and sign Child Protective Services Acknowledgement.
- Print out, Complete, and Submit to School office the Application: National Sex Offender Registry Verification. In approximately 14 days, you will receive (at your home address) this verification letter which must aslo be submitted to the School Office to complete your clearances.
FINAL STEP: Please return ALL completed paperwork in an envelope marked "CLEARANCES" to the School Office