Volunteering Policy and Protocol
The United States Conference of Bishops' Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People mandates that every diocese implement Safe Environment programs for all children, parents, and adults. The principal purpose of this Charter is to ensure a safe environment for the children of each diocese. Here in the Diocese of Allentown, a number of steps have been taken in order implement these guidelines pertaining to reconciliation, healing, accountability, and prevention of future acts of abuse. To learn more about the Diocese’s Youth Protection programs, go onto the Diocese of Allentown website,
Requirements for adult volunteers
1. Diocesan Requirements
- Read the Code of Conduct policy, then print out and sign the acknowledgement form on the last page
- Read the Policy Regarding the Sexual Abuse of Minors, then print out and sign the acknowledgement form
- Attend a Protecting God’s Children workshop and submit the certificate of attendance. If you have already completed the class and don't have your certificate, contact Pamela Russo, MSW,MS at 610/871-5200, X2204 with the approximate date and location of the class and she will help to retrieve the certificate.
- Watch the Be Smart - Drive Safe Video, If you have already taken Safe Environment training in the past you already have an account. If you cannot remember your credentials, please email [email protected] to obtain this information. You will not need to set up another account.
2. State Required Clearances – these clearances will expire after 5 years
- Submit a PA State Police Criminal Record Check
- Submit a Department of Welfare’s Child Abuse Clearance (PA Child Abuse History Certificate)
- Submit a Mandated Reporting Training certificate of completion. This is a three (3) hour online course and you will be able to print the certificate out at completion. Then print and sign Child Protective Services Acknowledgement.
- Submit a diocesan Background Check & Fingerprint Authorization Form or Submit a FBI Criminal Background Fingerprint Check. Once you turn in this Authorization form, the Diocese will process it and you will be given a voucher to take to an approved fingerprint center
Please turn in ALL forms at ONE TIME to Renee' in the Parish Office (Monday - Friday 9AM - 3PM). After above forms/clearances are received, they will be processed (through Diocese of Allentown) and Voucher for fingerprints will be assigned.
You will be notified from Parish Office when Voucher becomes available.