Volunteering Policy and Protocol
The United States Conference of Bishops' Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People mandates that every diocese implement Safe Environment programs for all children, parents, and adults. The principal purpose of this Charter is to ensure a safe environment for the children of each diocese. Here in the Diocese of Allentown, a number of steps have been taken in order implement these guidelines pertaining to reconciliation, healing, accountability, and prevention of future acts of abuse. To learn more about the Diocese’s Youth Protection programs, go onto the Diocese of Allentown website,
Requirements for adult volunteers
STEP ONE: In order to receive a payment code for fingerprints - print out and submit this Background Check & Fingerprint Authorization Form in envelope marked "CLEARANCES" to Earlene Neidert/Notre Dame School. Once we process this authorization, the payment code will be sent to you - then register HERE
STEP TWO: Diocesan Requirements
- Read the Code of Conduct policy, then print out and sign the acknowledgement form on the last page
- Read the Policy Regarding the Sexual Abuse of Minors, then print out and sign the acknowledgement form
- Attend a Protecting God’s Children workshop and submit the certificate of attendance. If you have already completed the class and don't have your certificate, contact Pamela Russo, MSW,MS at 610/871-5200, X2204 with the approximate date and location of the class and she will help to retrieve the certificate.
STEP THREE: State Required Clearances – these clearances will expire after 5 years
- Submit a PA State Police Criminal Record Check
- Submit a Department of Welfare’s Child Abuse Clearance (PA Child Abuse History Certificate)
- Submit a Mandated Reporting Training certificate of completion. This is a three (3) hour online course and you will be able to print the certificate out at completion. Then print and sign Child Protective Services Acknowledgement.
FINAL STEP: Please return ALL completed paperwork in an envelope marked "CLEARANCES" to the School Office